According to my parents, I have always been #extra AF… from princess tea parties in elementary school to now planning my own princess wedding, I absolutely love to be over the top in a chic way.
With that being said, here are my favorite tips on how to look #extra on a daily basis.
1. Naturally Glowing Skin
I cannot stress enough how important it is to have hydrated skin if you want to look modelesque!
Here are some tips to help you achieve that naturally glowing look.
Drink between 2L to 3L of water per day
- To have glowing skin, your body needs to be hydrated! Every time I slack with my water intake, I see a noticeable difference in my skin texture and I tend to have more blemishes.
- If you’re interested in finding out the exact amount of water you should drink based on your gender, weight and age, try this water intake calculator.
Apply water-based sleeping masks
- I am personally not a huge fan of rinse off masks. They usually look crazy and require me to just sit there absolutely blind because I can’t wear my glasses while they dry… which is why I go for leave-on water-based masks. My current favorite is the LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask.
Use a moisturizer known for its “glowing” effect
- I’m sure there are tons out there, but I recently discovered the CAUDALIE Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. It magically leaves my skin glowing every time I apply it! Let me know in the comments what your favorite moisturizer is!
2. Luscious Lips
Every time I see someone with plumped lips, I automatically think: #extra!
We’ve all had chapped lips and god knows how terrible it looks. Personally, when I get chapped lips, it’s an instant confidence killer! I automatically want to hide my lips when talking to someone… I usually pick at them thinking it’ll help, but then it starts bleeding and ugh… It’s always a mess! To avoid getting to that point, I like to take as much good care of my lips as I can on a daily basis
Baby smooth lips
- For hydration, I apply the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask at least 2-3 times a week.
- For chapped lips, I use any lip scrub I can find, rub them till it’s smooth again and I go ham with the lip sleeping mask.
- Plumped lips scream expensive to me!
- I wear a sheer lipstick on most days and layer a non-sticky gloss on top to give that shiny, plumped effect.
- If I feel super #extra, I apply a lip plumper to enhance my lips. My favorite one is the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme, it is non-sticky, moisturizing and actually makes a noticeable difference.
3. Clean manicure at all times
Having had long gels nails for almost 3 years now, I can definitely say that people actually notice how your nails look.
Think about all the times your nails are in other people’s faces: when you’re paying at the cash register, drinking coffee in front of a friend, typing on your phone… the list is endless!
I get at least one compliment about my nails every single day (unless I don’t go out of course), which is why I truly believe taking care of your nails is worth your while (and your money).
I like to think you can easily wear bold colors if your manicure looks clean. But then again, that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, so just go with whatever colors you feel most comfortable wearing.
Having nice clean nails is a great and easy way to show the world you are put together. I love going to the nail salon, but you don’t have to — get yourself a good nail file, a buffer and some nail polish.
PS: Don’t forget your toenails if you’re showing them off!
Writing this post, I noticed I have a lot more tips/steps to my #extra beauty regimen so comment down below what your holy grail steps are for a glow up and stay tuned for part 2!
📸 Represented by ICON Models
🇨🇦 Toronto | Montreal
📍 Currently in Toronto
👇 Check out my YT
Error: Access Token for sunsetsandbellinis is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.